Ok, so I am starting my day a little late.. but that is because today is a gorgeous day outside and we had so many spring events happening.
I participated in the Read-a-Thon two years back. I was forgetting my original love of book reading then and the read-a-thon reminded me to get back to books. I am all geared up for this day with a few audio and a few books in my list… Loving it so far!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Virginia, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Momzillas
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Cheese Cake 😉 Yes, snack!!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am an avid reader, a mom and a full time software consultant.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I did not do last year 😦
Hour 5 to Hour 8:
Fixed myself a lunch (real quick one) and started reading Momzilla. Loved the book , once I got through that.. I spent sometime listening to an audio and napped off 😥 Yeah!!! Too bad.. I know.
Hour 8 to Hour 10:
Started reading Brida after a refreshing cup of hot steaming tea and some Yummy (hopefully healthy snack 😉 ) Ok, the picture does’nt do it enough justice really!
Mid Event Survey
We are mid way already??? Where did the time go…
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I cheated and took a nap inbetween, so I feel perfectly fine 🙂
2) What have you finished reading? Brida by Paul Coelho and Momzillas by Jill Kargman
3) What is your favorite read so far? I think I liked Momzilla better
4) What about your favorite snacks? I had some craisins and I loved it.
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I have been focussing on reading, going to be doing a lot of checking out blogs in the second half surely.
Time for an audio book while cooking some dinner and eating (hogging!) on some more snacks.. This is so darn good!!
Dinner is served and my audio book is taking longer than what I thought it would. Maybe I should go ahead and do some laundry. After the next 30 minutes, I will move back to my unfinished reading book :).
Did I say, I love this read a thon. 🙂
Wow, hour 19 and still going strong. I started a new book some 30 minutes back but I am really starting to slip. I am rummaging through my bookshelf to find something else that will keep me going .. seriously going 🙂
Ate a big and I mean a big piece of cheesecake.. some more tea… some chips and still snacking. Heck, I can always exerise tomorrow…. Cos it is not everyday we get a read-a-thon 😉
1.Which hour was most daunting for you? It was definitely hour 20. Definitely that!
2.Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? James Patterson never goes wrong.
3.Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No, I think it is just super duper awesome just the way it is.
4.What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?E V E R Y T H I N G
5.How many books did you read? 3
6.What were the names of the books you read? Momzillas by Jill Kargman, Ghost shadow by Heather Graham and Brida by Paul Coelho.
7.Which book did you enjoy most? Momzillas
8.Which did you enjoy least?I cant decide, I liked Ghost Shadow and Brida equally
9.If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?I was not a cheer leader, but the current ones did great!
10.How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?I know I am signing up for Oct definitely!!
Filed under: Dewey's Read-a-Thon | Leave a comment »